Wednesday, December 28, 2011

When life throws you lemons, learn to catch!!

Though I can't control my surroundings, I do have complete control over my reaction to them.  Through pure determination and will, I have always worked to make the best out of every situation, even if some matters took WAY longer than others.  For example, when I first tried to walk, I fell, got banged up and was all covered in boo-boos.  Though it hurt and I cried, somewhere deep inside I still knew that I would eventually run..  When I charred my first attempt at a meal- one that wasn't microwaveable- and charred it so badly it was like a charcoal briquette, again... I cried like a big baby.  I still really knew though that I'd be able to cook something amazing one day.  When I cried my eyes out for weeks and thought I was going to die of a broken heart when the father of my children said he was no longer "in love" with me- I knew, in my heart, that even though I was bitter and hurt at the time, I still had a huge use for love in my life.



You see... I like to think of myself as a pretty down to earth and intelligent chick, but the truth of the matter is.. I'm only as wise and grounded as every mistake I have ever made and learned from or every freak out I have ever encountered was able to calm down and apologize for.  When I learned to let go of trying to control the situation and only controlled my thoughts ABOUT each event that was happening, I became so free and full of life.. I realized that if I try to control every moment then I leave no space for growth and imperfection...And I ALWAYS have something to learn. 




If it weren't for taking life's dilemmas, mixing it up and making sweet sweet dilemma-nade I would probably be a very bitter and sad person, which is pretty much the opposite of who I really am. If it weren't for accepting that life is not always going to work the way I intended but having intention in my life works, I would have never learned to walk, or cook, or hang out with my baby daddy and his fiancee fairly regularly--all of us with true genuine happy smiles on our faces. But most of all I wouldn't be free!! I decide how to view my life and I have the power to make things happen in it because I am the ruler of my own thoughts.. If that isn't freedom, I don't know what is..


(Picture by Sara Jordan--A Motivated Mama)


Life is tough and it never really gets any easier.. We just get wiser and more skilled at it if we allow ourselves to make mistakes so we can learn from them.  We have to actually get up and take those first few steps so we can walk.  Make the choice to allow each fault you used to beat yourself up over become your greatest strength. Life is beautiful and my choices are too because I've lived, I've learned and I truly work each moment to make the best out of it!







No comments:

Post a Comment